New Crested Gecko Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks everyone. This was my first attempt at making a coco fiber wall.

All those dots look like bubbles in the last pic.? Lovely tank BTW! :)
Those little dots are water droplets. I misted the cage in the final pic.

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
As always :clap:. It looks great. One question did you put a screen in between the gravel and the Eco-Earth? When I did my emperor scorpion tank we didn't and now I'm thinking that I might go back and put one under the coco fiber. I really like the cork bark. I used them as hides in mine. It looks much more natural then some of the wood hides.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
when are you building mine and what is the quote?? lol

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
She is gorgeous! i totally have to head up soon with the kids. They will love to them and I want to see all these great builds you have done in person.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
She is pretty! Love her "eyelashes"!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm pretty happy about how it came out.
As always :clap:. It looks great. One question did you put a screen in between the gravel and the Eco-Earth? When I did my emperor scorpion tank we didn't and now I'm thinking that I might go back and put one under the coco fiber. I really like the cork bark. I used them as hides in mine. It looks much more natural then some of the wood hides.
Thanks!
No, I didn't put any screen down. I almost wasn't even going to add the stones but thought "what the heck". Lucky for me Crested don't come down to the ground much so I won't have to worry about digging.

when are you building mine and what is the quote?? lol
Lol, that's why I made this thread, so you would know how to make one yourself! :silly:

She is gorgeous! i totally have to head up soon with the kids. They will love to them and I want to see all these great builds you have done in person.
Thanks jinkz. You know you're always welcome to stop by with the kids. :D

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
awesome tank and nice crested!

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Yea, you are right about the digging part. My scorpions haven't started digging but I have notice that the coco fiber is starting to fill in around the gravel. I just mist lightly on the surface but when I add water I have underground filter with an uplift tube that I use when I add water. It seems to be working pretty good and so far I haven't killed the plants three weeks and counting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store