New Fish Coming! Something Very Special......

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I had a wild pair a long time ago that used to put on the best imitation of spawning that I've ever seen, but I never saw a single egg or fry. This is a group of 10 F1s, so hopefully I'll have better success breeding them.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They're here.........sort of. Three of 5 bags ruptured, 6 dead fish. On the bright side, seller has been very accomodating, so more will be on the way. I'll get pics up after the survivors clear qt, because they're currently members of my bucket brigade, which makes pics impossible.

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
They're here.........sort of. Three of 5 bags ruptured, 6 dead fish. On the bright side, seller has been very accomodating, so more will be on the way. I'll get pics up after the survivors clear qt, because they're currently members of my bucket brigade, which makes pics impossible.

Yikes! That's always my worst fear with shipping. I'm glad some survived and that the seller is working with you. I can't wait for pictures. You have really sparked my interest in these.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Have to say, it is the first time I have even heard of those. Very stunning. Looking forward to following the progress.

In the spectrum of difficult to keep with guppies being a "one" and discus being a "ten", where do they fall out?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Have to say, it is the first time I have even heard of those. Very stunning. Looking forward to following the progress.

In the spectrum of difficult to keep with guppies being a "one" and discus being a "ten", where do they fall out?
That's a tough question to give a simple answer to! They definitely don't ship well, wilds in particular. They're more delicate than even wild Discus in that regard. But the pair I kept before were very easy going fish once they settled in, eating anything I threw at them and living very well in my moderately hard tapwater. So I'd say that they're comparable to wild Discus. Once I got an RO unit hooked up and I started mixing water the male colored up and like I said, the fish put on the best simulation of breeding I've ever seen, but I never saw an egg or fry. Working with F1s will hopefully be more successful.

manda321

AC Members
May 15, 2012
You guys are going to have to teach me the scientific names.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
You guys are going to have to teach me the scientific names.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It's really no more difficult than learning common names if you're motivated to do it.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Replacements go out Monday! The seller got some heavier bags from a local wholesaler so I'm optimistic! We agreed to split the shipping on the replacements which I think is very fair. Kam also mentioned that he breeds a few types of Apistos, and given the condition of the surviving fish and how he dealt with the losses, he obviously gets the highest marks. I wish I could get out to Indy for the conference to meet him. He sells on AB under the name "Wethumbs".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store