NEW FISH NEW FISH NEW FISH ya'll gunna hate me but NEW FISH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
so GT gets to be about 10 inche and bb gets to be about a foot so could i have one bb and one GT and one FM in there??

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
That may work.All fish are different,so you never know what will work and what won't. I am assuming all the fish are small right now,so because you have plenty to choose from,wait and see which ones get along,and you may see which ones are less aggressive toward the other fish too.Just be prepared for one of the GT's,or any of them for that matter,to live up to the aggressive nature that these larger cichlids have.

But there are plenty of people who keep FM in community tanks with out any problems.I also know people have Cons that do fine with other larger cichlids.I have a GT that won't put up with other fish,but know people who keep them and say theirs are total wimps with other fish.The biggest concern you should have is that a 75 gallon is a descent sized tank,until you stock it with some 6" to 12" fish that may have attitudes.Then watch out.

So who knows.Wait and see what happens with the fish you have,and which ones get along.If you plan on keeping 4,overfilter.These are all fairly large fish,(especially the BB) and produce a lot of waste. Keep up with the water changes too.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
well i have id say aboaut a year or less tell they grow up right?
I think 4 months at the least,and 6 to maybe 8 months at the most.These are fast growers,and the bigger they get,the more waste in the tank,and the more aggression they will have.Especially with so many fish in a 4'x18" tank.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
well i cant have the heater running as the light bill just went from 101.00 to 190.00 ( granny said she nows its not my fishtank but were gunna buy a new heater for my tank as this heater wont shut off ) so we agreed that i wait tell next weekend to get the new heater.. so my tank gunna ahve to go this week without a heater... lows it gets in my tank is 72 tho so i think we should be fiine fo this week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store