NEW FISH~Pelviachromis taeniatus"Moliwe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
I had to google that Rockhoe14er. The drink or the gypsy tears to prevent std's? I hope you aren't refering to "gypsy tear"!!!!! UMMMMMM...... the kind of thing you might see in one of those " bow-chicka-bow-wow" movies. Or as we call them"brown chicken, brown cow". That came up too when I googled it. If so .......Houston we have a problem!:nono::screwy::jaw-dropping::nono::crazy::yuck::barf:
Haha i was making a Borat joke.... Sorry i didn't see this till now.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Sorry for the late response, been slacking on AC lately. Well, the 3rd time they laid, the eggs hatched only to disappear the next day:wall::wall::wall:. They did lay eggs again in the last 24 hours as I noticed eggs on the roof of the cave again this morning. That is 4 times now in under two months. I don't know if I should let them keep trying to raise them or if I should pull the wigglers out and put them in a breeding net. I also noticed that they have a liking for rcs. I found them eating one the other day. That explains why my population of rcs is shrinking:swear:. I will try to get some pics in the next day or two. Thanks for viewing!!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Okay, so another update. As I was feeding this morning, I noticed that there was some digging under a small piece of driftwood on the other side of the tank from where the first pair just laid eggs. Upon further further inspection, I found that the other pair bred and I now have wigglers from them too:thud::woot::nilly:! For those wondering, these are alot more passive than kribs and "Moliwe" are supposed to be one of the mellowist variants of P. taeniatus. I will be monitoring them closely just in case. I guess I will be getting the breeding net out and putting the wigglers in there after the light come back on.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Update..... So the day day after my last post, the wigglers from the sub-pair disappeared. No big surprise there, they are still learning I guess. A couple days after that, the eggs were gone from the roof of my cave on the dom. pair. Again no surprise. This was "confirmed" when I saw the dom. pair clearing gravel/sand from under a piece of Driftwood. Well..... I just came downstairs since the lights just came back on and to my surprise, what did I see ................................ about 20 fry that are showing some black striping. I don't know why they were clearing gravel if they had some kids already and I don't know where the wigglers were this whole time. Granted, I have let the plants go since it has been a zoo in there as far as breeding goes and it is rather overgrown. Now, do I put the fry in a breeding net with some java moss and driftwood or let them stay in the tank with their parents. I've seen both parents scooping up the fry when they wander to far and they are keeping the other pair on their side of the tank. Needless to say, i'm pretty stoked right now since they have not made it this long since the first breeding and that was the dom. male and the (now) sub female.:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

I will try to get some pics later. I just tried but they round the fry up and move them away from any decent view.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store