New Huma Huma Triggerfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Huma Huma (short for Humu Picasso Triggerfish or Huma Huma nuka nuka ai ai ) latin name Rhinecanthus aculeatus

Minimum Tank Size: 70 gallons Care Level: Easy Temperament: Aggressive Reef Compatible: No Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025 Max. Size: 10" Color Form: Black, Blue, Orange, Tan, Yellow Diet: Carnivore

has a wacky, painted appearance. It has a tan body with gradient dark bands, and vibrant blue and black stripes on the top of the head, with a yellow stripe from cheek to cheek and deeply set-back eyes.
A 70 gallon or larger aquarium with rocks and caves provides a good habitat. It will rearrange the landscaping and rocks as it wanders in and out of the caves. It vocalizes using a "grunting" sound. The Humu Picasso Triggerfish makes a great conversation piece. The Humu Picasso Triggerfish needs a varied diet of meaty foods including; squid, krill, clams, small fish and hard shelled shrimp to help wear down their ever growing teeth

from liveaquaria

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
The main reason, I think anyway, that you should have the tank set up for the adult size of a species first is this; Life happens, regardless of intentions sometimes things come up that prevent you from getting that tank set up. You are now faced with the cold hard fact that unless you rehome that fish it will be stunted.

Planning in advance is the safest for fish and better for you as well.
True life may happen, yet that depends are you a in the drivers seat or the backseat. I often think to many people sit back and allow things to happen that otherwise would not have taken place had they taken initiative and thought to planning things out.

Have to hold to my first post here that taking a fish is not always a bad idea just because you do not have the adult set up for a 1 inch fish.

Take the op fish this thread is about very very very easy to get the tank that is good to go for the adult version of this 1 inch fish. I do not know about his location, but here that fish would be an oddity and hard to come by. So personally I would jump on that fish like it was a trampoline and have the right tank easy by the time it was in need of it.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
well since he's like a 1incher start with a 20 gal, use a hob filter, a small bottle of nite out II, live sand like 3in thick and 20~25lbs live rock, other than that keep stemp, salinity, and waterchange waterchange waterchange. every maybe 10~14 days do a 15% to 20%. Tank would be ready in about 7~10 days to try a trigger. this is basically a poor mans quarantine tank beefed up a little.

oh and there might be a reason he's being given away.. maybe because he killed something or a bunch of somethings

I just gave away a blue tang that killed about $300 in fish before i figured out who was doing it

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Huma's dont get that big and are easy to train to take pieces of shrimp or clam from your hands. Avoid feeding live foods.

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
The place that gave him to me said he ate krill and shrimp but I have been giving him pellets and he eats them without a problem even gets in there and steals from the others lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store