New Pick-up!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
At the moment I'm keeping the little guy in a spare 10 gallon tank with Zoomed Eco Earth bedding. I kind of just threw it together last night so it's not much to look at. When he/she gets bigger I'll up grade to a 20 gallon. These guys love to bury themselves so a deep layer of mulch is a must. I have a UTH stuck to the backside of the tank for heat. These guys should be kept around 80 during the day and at night the temperature can drop into the mid 70's. Their cage has to be kept moist with humidity levels 70% and above so I mist it a few times a day. I have a small dish for soaking in but I think I'm going to have to upgrade very soon.

Pixie 1.jpg Pixie 2.jpg Pixie 3.jpg Pixie 4.jpg Pixie 5.jpg

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks H!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Looks great! Like David, I noticed the large mouth. What does it eat?
Thanks. At the moment I'm feeding it crickets, small dubia roaches and earthworms. When it gets older it can take large roaches, feeder fish, mice and even medium sized rats!

In the wild these guys eat large insects, fish, rodents, lizards, snakes and even small birds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store