New Riparium in 56 Column

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
that looks AMAZING. You've inspired me to do a riparium on my 5 gal!!!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I haven't been back to this thread in a while.

I am going to wait for better light to get the full-tank shot, but here is a quick view down inside. I switched almost all of the background plants that I had in there before in exchange for various swamp and stream-associated palms. These include some really cool plants. These dark green Licuala paludosa are the largest plants in there and they have this great leaf pleating.

Also really cool is this Iguanura tenuis. This is a swamp plant from Thailand. It was more expensive and it is rare in cultivation. The new leaves are rounded and have this awesome chestnut coloration.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Nice, those are some amazing new plants! All your setups are amazing! What is the plant below the Iguanura tenuis in the down view shot? I see the moisture on the glass in that shot, do you have to look at that often or how do you combat that?

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I haven't been back here in a while but I am working on this tank again.

I decided to remove all of the stones...just couldn't make them look very good. I might just use plants underwater or I might also add some manzanita.

Trail_Mix

AC Members
May 16, 2011
This looks great! I always love your ripariums, and how you switch up the plants and try out different kinds in your set-ups! I think some manzanita would look great underwater. Maybe even with some moss attached, though that may be too much green haha. I can picture some branches sticking out of the water near the side with some air plants attached, I think that would look really cool, and that way the positioning wouldn't block the view of the plants in the back. I also love the idea of using the cork board and attaching mini-orchids to the top, (I know that wasn't your tank, but still, it's awesome!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store