New tank arrives Friday!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Nice i am a union glaizer by trade (that means I work with glass) if you need advice on the drilling let me know.

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Hey any help or suggestions are welcomed. Ive watched a few you tube vids and read alot of posts... From what Ive seen its go slow, let the drill do the work, dont push hard and keep water on the drill bit to keep it cool.. Any other advice is certainly appreciated..

Shane.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
You got the basics for drilling right. I use some putty or clay that children play with to make a small ring round the drill location. Then put water in there to keep the drill bit and the glass cool.
Drill in the lowest speed possible and if possible, support the back of the glass to avoid small nicks at the back-side of the drill hole. (it's the hardest part of drillic the hole because the drill will never 100% evenly finish the hole.)
You could do that with some wood clamps and a piece of glass, wood or plastic.

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Got the holes drilled today, worked great and took about 3 mins a hole.. I used a plywood drilling guide and a piece of plywood inside the tank to try and lessen the glass chipping as the bit cut through. Picked up more fittings for the sump drain and return piping.. Also grabbed a can of Valspar 'Ocean Blue' paint for my background...:dance:. Got the glass ordered for the sump, that will be ready on Tuesday..

Shane.
new pics 101.jpgnew pics 105.jpgnew pics 104.jpg

new pics 101.jpg new pics 105.jpg new pics 104.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Congrats!

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Just an update, ordered some final stuff for the tank yesterday, refractometer, Tunze ato, hand tds meter, some 1.5" pvc caps, mod kits for MJ1200, and some garlic extreme.. everything but the ATO and MJ1200 mod kits should be here today, those are on backorder and expected in 1 week. Hitting the LFS (well not so local,1 hr away) for some Marco base rock and might get a few pieces of live rock too..

Shane.

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Few more pics of new goodies...I also ordered a Tunze ATO and 3 mod kits for my maxijet 1200's to make them circulation pumps rather than powerheads, changes from 295GPH to like 1100GPH..

Shane.new pics 110.jpgnew pics 106.jpgnew pics 107.jpgnew pics 109.jpg

new pics 110.jpg new pics 106.jpg new pics 107.jpg new pics 109.jpg

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Got the tank painted and got the baffles siliconed into the sump tank.. Hit my LFS (Incredible Aquarium in London) and picked up 100lbs of Marco rock.. This stuff looks amazing, Gonna add about 3 or 4 pieces of LR once I have the tank all setup.. Hes supposed to get a new shipment of LR this week or Monday next so that will hopefully work out great..
Heres a couple pics...

Shane.new pics 113.jpgnew pics 115.jpgnew pics 112.jpgnew pics 128.jpgnew pics 120.jpg

new pics 120.jpg new pics 128.jpg new pics 112.jpg new pics 115.jpg new pics 113.jpg

AMDninjaboy

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
Ont, Canada
Real Name
Shane
Just a quick update, picking up stand later today. Pics will follow..

Shane.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store