new tank, big problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
ohh i see, that is smart, i also could do this on the bottom inside to have an "inter" brace system? would i need to do front to back as well or only length wise on the bottom, and on the top could or would it be even better to add one brace front to back in the middle under the euro brace?
thank you for help

jcahow

AC Members
Jan 9, 2010
I do not want to rain on your parade but I would be very careful on what you decide to do. I have never tried re-silicone a tank this large (180 gallons) but I thought I read somewhere as well that a different high strength industrial silicone was used on tanks this large. You will have close to 2000 pounds of water in this tank when full and you do not want it failing big time. The dimensions are standard for this size tank so I would think a tank dealer would be able to order you replacement trims with double braces. You might try reposting with a better title like "180 gallon re-silicone question" to find someone that has actually done it successfully on this size tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store