New tank, new cichlids, maybe ick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

quickvic

Rookie but learning
Oct 17, 2010
Connecticut
Real Name
Vic
I'm not up to speed on all the fish yet, But I looked at this in the pet store awhile back, but they said I couldn't get it because it was a brackish fish and my setup wasn't right for it? maybe that is an issue?? believe this falls under African Cichlid... although nowhere near positive??

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Is that the same fish in all three pics ? I can't ID the fish but its a Lake Malawi mbuna species - dorsal fin is very lab caeruleus but I'm not familiar with the markings.

Its not brackish.

Quickvic - could you perhaps have been looking at a puffer of some kind ? In those pics the markings do look a little like a figure 8 puffer or something like that as does the body shape in the third pic, but its certainly a mbuna.

chelle77

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
The very first pic I posted is the albino red zebra that just died :( The next 2 pics are the same fish....and the last one is different. The last one is pretty much black with orange fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store