New to salt. Just how bad did I mess up?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I would just wait to mix it then. You can try the drill and see how it works with a cup or two. The mixed water can sit for a day or two without circulation but I wouldn't add it to the tank anyway if it was going to sit stagnant for too long.

biggins82786

AC Members
Apr 8, 2012
Savannah, Ga
Real Name
Richard
Will it be okay to use the water that's been sitting in there for a week or should I drain and refill when I get everything in?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
If it were me, I would drain it but it's probably fine. It's tap water after all so it won't be too diffucult to refill :).

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
As Greech said, at this point, it is no big issue. Personally, I would wait until I got the sump you mentioned you were getting because it will add more water to total volume. drain everything, don;t worry abot the sand, and premix salt water to fill tank and sump. Tap water will be okay for initial fill since after cycling you will be draining most of it out prior to adding livestock. read the sticky on cycling. I personally am a fan of a raw shrimp in a nylon method. The longest it has taken me to cycle using this method is 10 days.

biggins82786

AC Members
Apr 8, 2012
Savannah, Ga
Real Name
Richard
The only thing with the shrimp in stocking method that I have a problem with is the smell. I can't have my room stinking like all get out because I have practically no way to get the smell out. Do you leave the shrimp in there the whole 10 days or is it only gonna stink for a few days?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store