Newbie to forum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GrimmyT

AC Members
Mar 29, 2023
Hello ALL:) I'm new here but have had freshwater aquariums since the mid 90s. I currently have 1-10gal, 1-20gal, 1-1gal beta tank, and my guy has a 100gal bait tank in our basement. That last 1 may seem a bit odd for an enthusiast but there you have it. LOL I have led lighting with moonlight setting for my 20gal, a glowfish light with moonlight setting for the 10gal, and a clip on for the beta tank. I had 4 crayfish ( or as I like to refer to them 'mud bugs') up until a couple months ago when the last passed away due to molting complications. I ended up with the crays when my guy caught them minnow trapping last summer and decided I wanted a few minnows too. My 20gal that I set up two weeks ago houses my 2 common plecos ( Mr Plex and Mini Plex), two silver river minnows, a rosy minnow, and a few river snails. The beta tank houses Mr. Beta, my dwarf pleco (Plecalopagus) and a few river snails. I'm in the process of redecorating the 10gal for some freshwater shrimp as well as the inhabitants of Mr Beta's tank. Which is what brought me here. I have an odd question that I will post in its own thread, since in all my years I have never ran across this. I look forward to hearing about your experiences. I will post pics of my tanks once I figure out how. (Phone's on the fritz so camera isn't working and new laptop I'm trying to figure out)

GrimmyT

AC Members
Mar 29, 2023
Thank you :) It just kind of rolled off my tongue when I brought him home so it stuck.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm a bit old but I do love snuffleupagus in a Sesame St. way...I assume that's the right reference...but I may be wrong... I still like it! I'm going to have to alert my rare pleco breeding friend..2tankAmin.. He may steal the name for 1 of his awesome B & W plecos...You should be honored if he does, he's legendary!! In pleco breeding circles & here on AC.

GrimmyT

AC Members
Mar 29, 2023
I'm a bit old but I do love snuffleupagus in a Sesame St. way...I assume that's the right reference...but I may be wrong... I still like it! I'm going to have to alert my rare pleco breeding friend..2tankAmin.. He may steal the name for 1 of his awesome B & W plecos...You should be honored if he does, he's legendary!! In pleco breeding circles & here on AC.
Yes definitely the right era! LOL I think it's hybrid snuffleupagus and Galapagos turtle. He or she sure is a cute little thing, again I'll attach pics when I can. Currently in process of getting new phone (old phone syndrome, nothing works but calling, google, and texting lol) and as I proved with the pics on my other thread, laptop pics are VERY vague. I would be honored to share the name and I'll definitely have to look him up. I just had to upgrade my tank for my Mr Plex who is currently 8-9 inches long. He grew up with two cray fish from the river. When the small male, Garlic, would pick on his tail, Plex would take him for a ride around the tank ending in Garlic abruptly meeting the glass. It was absolutely hilarious to watch! Then it seemed like it became a game with those two. My small one clawed female was named 'old girl' wanted no part of Plex or the game. Garlic ended up eating Old girl and then Garlic decided he wanted to go see the other tank (which at the time held my last transformer looking cray) and went the wrong way, I didn't find him (nor did my husky) until he was extremely dehydrated and on deaths' door. 😢I honestly think Mr Plex misses him so I guess I'll have to find him a new cray baby this summer. That just gives me another reason to play in the river.:)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store