nitrate filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
i do about 30% every two weeks its a 200L and about 8 fish the bigest is 4 inch the rest are 2 or 3 what do you mean the test is wrong . my last house the tap water was at 20ppm

Lil_Stinker

Jedi Master
Aug 25, 2007
Don't drink the water !

i do about 30% every two weeks its a 200L and about 8 fish the bigest is 4 inch the rest are 2 or 3 what do you mean the test is wrong . my last house the tap water was at 20ppm
Then your tap water sucks :barf: :yuck: if that's correct, then you can never get the levels down with WCs.

I have to ask, are you sure your test is good? perhaps you should take a tank & tap sample to the lfs to test it for you?

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
BTW, most cheap nitrate test kits are usually very innacurate...

But you can do a lot more WC, 50% weekly is what a lot do including myself. if your running only 10ppm over your tap level that isnt too bad, and I dont think 30 is going to be a serious issue but IDK, I dose nitrate in my tanks since its heavily planted, and even heavily stocked with fish I dont usually read quite that high.

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
[ my last house ] were i am liveing now the nitrate is at 0 comeing from the tap .And the test kit cost me 50 euro it was the best they had at the time.I DID NOT THINK 30PPM was that bad :)

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
30ppm is not bad, but its not great. I would also recommend larger and more frequent water changes. If your tap water is 0 NO3, then that is the easiest way.

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
thanks to a guppy explosion my nitrates registered over 200 ppm for most of a year. i've had no problems. after I managed to clear out all of the babies and females from three or more back to back broods, i've managed to keep the levels quite a bit lower.

and the tank is heavily planted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store