No More BS About BS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Look at the words he chooses now. " Still, most of the research community seem to agree that fish typically do not possess the suite of enzymes necessary to turn chitin into a nutritionally useful form" and " I can imagine that addition of dietary fiber is largely irrelevant for a species with a lot of cellulose, whereas it would be far more likely to be beneficial for a species that is primarily carnivorous... Even given that, I think the popcorn analogy fits pretty well also." "Most seem to agree" and "I can imagine" are hardly scientific. I didn't expect a man in his position to completely reject the results of a study he obviously put a lot of his time into. Those who work in academia do so with grant money, and saying that all the work you did with the last grant is wrong is hardly conducive to acquiring the next one. Irregardless, I'm not going to allow you to change the premise of the debate. My assertion was that adult artemia are not nutritionally void. I never said it was an ideal or even balanced food. And Dr Toonen grudgingly agrees. How about you Chris?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Now that the science is out of the way, let's get into something I'm better at than vertebrate biology. Human motivation. Dr Toonen's has already been discussed. Mine is extremely straightforward. I have zero tolerance for BS, to a fault I might add. Now Chris tell us all your motivation for getting so worked up over this.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Now everything Dr. T said is available for any members or other readers to see and to make their own independent judgement about. I believe the more ethical manner for things to have been done would have been for you to state you contacted Dr. T, quoted what you asked him and then posted his response. I did not try to "poison the well" with any comments, I simply posted his response. Despite this. I believe most people can come to their own conclusions about the information both you and he have posted independently of your trying to tell them how do do this.

You still do not seem to understand that your argument is not with me, it is with Dr T. It was his words with which you disagreed, not mine. I did not state any facts about artemia, I only linked to and quoted him.

Last edited by a moderator:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Now everything Dr. T said is available for any members or other readers to see and to make their own independent judgement about. I believe the more ethical manner for things to have been done would have been for you to state you contacted Dr. T, quoted what you asked him and then posted his response. I did not try to "poison the well" with any comments, I simply posted his response. Despite this. I believe most people can come to their own conclusions about the information both you and he have posted independently of your trying to tell them how do do this.

You still do not seem to understand that your argument is not with me, it is with Dr T. It was his words with which you disagreed, not mine. I did not state any facts about artemia, I only linked to and quoted him.
Btw what conclusion did you draw in regards to adult artemia being nutritionally void?

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Now that is just silly. If you quote somone else's words to make your point, it is still presenting an argument. Lacking the ability to word your own thoughts doesn't excuse you. You still presented an argument.

Last edited:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Now that is just silly. If you quote somone else's words to make your point, it is still presenting an argument. Lacking the ability to word your own thoughts doesn't excuse you. You still presented an argument.
But if he had managed to be right, HE'D have proven me wrong.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Feel free to shoot from the hip but stay on topic, guys. I will edit out remarks within posts that I deem inappropriate. Carry on.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
But if he had managed to be right, HE'D have proven me wrong. Full credit for all success and no responsibility for failure. If he was more likeable he could have quite a career in politics.
I wonder how the Doctor feels about it...

It's seema a bit rude to do to a person. Claiming their words and then throwing them into the middle of a debate without their input or consent? It's like a combination of a setup and plagiarism (probably the wrong word but I'm not sure what to call it) really...

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
It's taking you an awfully long time to answer 2 simple questions Chris.............What was your motivation for getting so worked up over this if you weren't really arguing, and what is your conclusion regarding adult artemia being nutritionally void?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
You know what, I already know both the answers you're feeling and those you would choose to give. Slappy go ahead and close this thread. I have no more use for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store