Oceanic BioCube 8 gallon nano

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Sweet once again. Can I move in?:lipssealedsmilie:

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I added a small frogspawn tonight!!!! Yay!

I'll post pics as soon as it looks normal, lol.:)

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Update: the frogspawn is kickin'. :grinyes:

However, I won't add pics tonight because I just added a green clown goby and he's still in hiding.;)

This is the most adorable fish of all time. I just love him!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang2::hearts:

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
I'm trying to decide about buying an all in one unit like the "nano" or buying a regular aquarium and piece-mealing it. I appreciate how "clean" the nano brand looks but I also like the flexibility of getting exactly the components I want for my tank. I've heard bad things about the nano lid and salt water creep. What do you think? What led you to buy yours?

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I've had no issues at all with salt creep inside the lid; the salt creep was much more of an issue in the open-top incarnations of this tank. I also don't have to top off much at all, and the pH surprisingly stays at 8.1 (a tad low, I understand, but not low enough to warrant the use of buffers IMO).

Basically, there were 3 reasons I bought the nano tank. First, it was my birthday and the tank was on sale, and my BF helped me buy it as my gift. Second, I like the nice clean look of it for my kitchen counter. Third, the closed lid makes me a LOT more comfortable about contaminants staying out of the tank, as it is in my kitchen.:)

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Here's my one-month update...... sort of, since the tank has been running in various forms since April 07. Unfortunately, my green clown goby is nowhere to be found, but since my ammo, trites, and trates all test out consistently at 0, I can only hope that he is just in hiding still rather than dead, LOL. My pH stays consistent at 8.1, which surprises me given that this tank has a closed top, but of course it is a pleasant surprise.:grinyes:

So, finally, here are some update pics.:)

rhodactis shrooms

frogspawn (it's mad b/c I cleaned the glass, haha)

red discosoma w/ blue spots

zoo's!

green finger leather (I'm going to move this, I'm unsatisfied w/ the placement)

devil's hand leather

another gratuitous frogspawn shot (LOVE this coral)

yummy coralline growth (bottom middle rock, compare to old pics to see what I mean:) )

and FINALLY... the fts:grinyes:

As always, any opinions are most welcome.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store