oh boy what have i done!!!! new tank and stocking help!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
well things are going well. except my pineapple sword died. im guessing it was from the gourami chasing him alot. or he just straight up started eating his side. the barbs and gourami seem to get along fine tho. im still debating returning him.

hadesnuggz

AC Members
Jun 18, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was looking to use one of the exact same crome shelves as a stand but didnt really trsut and as I work in the srvice industry and have seen the things break the plastic guards under some large loads. is it safe to use?

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
it has worked well for me. holds up to 300lbs per shelf. i put the 20 lower down so it only has a few inches it could fall before the shelf below catches it. a 10g is no problem tho. ive seen people put multiple 20ls on 1 stand tho. i personally wouldnot. but the 20l distibutes its weight across the 4 main support rods so i think it is pretty secure. even more so if u planked it.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
anyway im looking for a direction for this tank. so far the residents are 1 gold gourami 1 platty thingy(high fin?) 3 golden barbs plants 1 snail and about 16-18 ghost shrimp. which arent super important to me. i would addd corries but no sand on the bottom, just pebbles also im having issues finding a bn pleco stocking suggestions please!!!!!!!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
any suggestions?

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
...or maybe you could go to Petsmart and ask a cute girl is she could help you out with it :)I'd probably throw some platies in there.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
wow... and idk platys just seem bleh to me, they make alot of waste too, unless maybe a dwarf variety

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
They'll only produce as much waste as you feed...possible you're adding too much?
its possible, but when i had 1 in the tank it was fine, but 4 really murked it up. same number of fish total in both cases. anyway i got some fish tonight. i got another sail fin platty , so 2 is probably ok and 2 of these green something killie fish. they look really cool and ill post pics in a few. also 4 pygmy corycats. so tank total is now
1 gold gourami (small still)
2 sailfin platy
2 green killiefish things
4 pygmy corries
3 golden barbs
25ish ghost shrimp.

any numbers i should increase or decrease?
id like maybe some more killie fish
could i do 2 more?
guy said they stay small

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
well things have changed a bit. i traded in the 3 barbs and got a clown pleco. the people at the store showed me an adult one and he was only about 3 inches, they said they keep them in thier own small tanks. hes a really cool pleco. also got another green american killiefish debating trading the 2 red platties in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store