Oh Yea!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ander88

Newbie Mariner :)
Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
Good news everyone! After the panick of what to do with the holiday makers (re-homed fish) Ive went out today and bought a new tank. Getting a Fluval Profile 1000 (275 litres) delivered on Wednesday.

One quick questions, I want to condense all my three tanks into the new one, 100 litres, 125 litres and 60 litres. Can I stock with the following:

OWN STOCK
2 Common Clowns in 60 Litre
2 Common Clowns, 1 Small Regal Tang (2"), Fire Fish and Royal Grama (All small)
NEW STOCK (Re-homed)
2 Blue green Chromis
2 Percula Clowns
1 Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel
1 Large Domino Damsel
1 Large Indian Ocean Sailfin Tang
1 Large Yellow Tang
1 Humbug Aruanus

Will these all be ok together? Only concern I have is the Domino Damsel. And the 6 clowns being together? Any suggestions?

Michael

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I'm going to have to unfortunately say no... Things will most likely not be good for that many clowns and damsels in a tank of that size. 6 clowns + 2 damsels in that size of space sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. One pair of clowns and maybe the damsels could even be pushing the limits with how territorial they can potentially become. Additionally, 3 tangs may not get along in such a small tank. One tang would be more like it, although not necessarily ideal though in a tank of that size (keep the one that remains the smallest as an adult).

ander88

Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
OK. Well on that, I will probably remove the damsels and re-home them if possible.

The clowns I'm not sure what to do. Grown attached to them all with their personalities but suppose there welfare has to come first. I think I'll give them a go together and keep a close eye on them. The same with the tangs. The two larger get on great with each other. They like to circle round the same rock together at the moment.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I don't want to be seen to be taking it as nothing either by saying I'm going to go ahead anyway. Im just a sucker.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
No worries... Just sharing my thoughts. One situation can vary drastically from another. It'll really come down to the individual temperaments of the fish, which is much easier to generalize than it is to specifically state.

ander88

Apr 29, 2009
Dumfries, Scotland
Visit site
Yea. I will keep a close eye on them all. But I think the two damsels will have to go from the start. The inhabitants of the 100 ltr, the rescued all seem to live happily together with the domino taking the occasional swipe at a passer by.

The 125 everyone is happy, and the same in the 60.

To be honest, it means that Ive been approved to get a bigger tank b the other half lol which in my eyes is great, but just a situation with the stock and the snotty LFS that refuses to help anyone out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store