OhNo123's Betta Breeding Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
Thanks BioHazard

Just an update. While I was at school today, the pair bred. There aren't that many eggs, maybe 50 max. This may also be because the bubble nest is pretty small. Today was humid, which might have been a reason why the bubble nest survived.

Nonetheless, I'm happy that the pair succeeded in breeding. I removed the female into a small temporary tank for a day or two. Then I'm going to acclimate her back into my 10g to recover.

The male is currently tending to the eggs. It doesn't seem like he wants to eat any; which is good. He's constantly picking up the dropped eggs and putting back into his minuscule bubble nest of his.

After the fry begin to swim horizontally, I'll move him back into his 4g cube for recovery. I except the fry to be swimming horizontally sometime late this week or possibly early next week as the eggs hatch in about 2 days and the egg yolk lasts them about 2 days.

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
I haven't updated in a few days but the eggs hatched, and the fry are swimming horizontally now. The egg picking process for the male was very tiring as his bubble nest barely existed and more than half the eggs would be on the bottom of the tank at any given time. The fry hatched Wednesday and were vertical for the past two days.

I removed the male and placed him in his recovery tank.

My camera battery is dead right now.
I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.

oscar_

AC Members
Apr 7, 2010
congrats on getting them to breed. and that is one magnificent looking betta and tank. more pics! lol

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
"update, update" nice betta how do the fry look

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Ohno your male betta is absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm glad to hear that they bred successfully. I do have two questions for you....The pictures of the 10 gal I think, Is that a bare bottom tank? What do you have it (plants, decor, etc..)? I love the 4.5 gal cube tank...Awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store