Ok Crazy Crazy Idea

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

misopeenut

AC Members
Nov 3, 2005
Yoemen said:
what is that on the bottom of that tank? and how WPG would that be to grow it like that?
bottom of the tank you mean the substrate?

Substrate: the aqua soil amazonia with power sand beneath it. and with some of the ADA ferts.

Lighting: 3 - solar I, 150watt Metal Halide so, 450watts total.

the tank is 180x60x60(cm) 6ft x 2ft x 2ft so about 170Gallon

WPG is 2.6

hairgrass with moss

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
Krall said:
Are there any online stores that sell rocks like that? None of my LSF have them :( Thanks!
I think you have to go to a rockyard or landscaping supply store. I wouldn't buy those online as they would probably be way overpriced (specialty service) and shipping would be expensive!

coupedefleur

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
NW Ohio
Is the tank going to be a plywood box with the glass set in the front? If so, I'd make it a little wider so I could use 24" long bulbs. I suppose you could set them on a slight diagonal to get them to fit.
If you can get those screw-in cf bulbs in an OK-looking spectrum I might go with a bunch of them instead. It's gotten so I hate any tube bulbs that aren't 4' long!

I might go with two heaters at a smaller wattage.

When you make a stand, figure out the height carefully. With a tank that wide, you will want a good viewing angle while sitting or standing.

If you get tired of neons, you will have an absolute crackerjack tank for breeding Corydoras!

thang_bom

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
hello all,
does anyone know what kind of glass that is in the tank?

It looks very nice.

thanks

misopeenut

AC Members
Nov 3, 2005
thang_bom said:
hello all,
does anyone know what kind of glass that is in the tank?

It looks very nice.

thanks
hairgrass. that and the moss on the rocks are the only plants in that tank

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
Toirtis said:
Any chance that any mailed in would get by customs?

If you want ONLY neons, then you can probably do a good 25-30 with no problems. Cardinal tetras would be prettier and hardier, though....are those available in Aus?
Don't try and sneak it past customs. Our land has enough invasive species allready.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store