okay seriously need help :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

teigan666

AC Members
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough Ontairo
Real Name
Teigan
Just got an outbreak of bba, and am going to cut back on my lighting schedule so it doesnt grow even more.
Just curious if zebra nitrites or tiretrack nitrites will eat the stuff that has grown currently its only on a small patch of rocks and isnt very big.
Im going to pick up some more amano shrimp and hope that they will eat it as it is surely a pita :p

So what im asking from everybody here is whats GUARANTEED to eat it i dont want sae's because they dont fit my tank theme i currently have khuli loaches will they eat it?

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Siamese Algae Eaters are the only fish known to eat Black Beard Algae. The other fish are not gurarenteed to eat it. But, you should get at the root problem of why you have BBA. What are the parameters of your tank. Usually BBA grows with inconsisent CO2 readings.

teigan666

AC Members
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough Ontairo
Real Name
Teigan
i dont run co2 or anything, i just upgraded the lights it used to only have 30watts of t8 over it now i've bumped it upto 90watts of t8 and i dont really have consistant light schedules yesterday the tank lighting were on from 9am-2:30am thats 17 hours of light :eek: i think i may just need to control that light schedule and it should dissipate i was just wondering if nitrites snails will eat the bba that has already grown as i prefer not to add more fish to my stocking

teigan666

AC Members
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough Ontairo
Real Name
Teigan
i shall pick up some more amano shrimp then :) and i know i need consistent lighting i need to pick up a couple timers i shall get this under control soon enough but thank you for your help snoopy65 and you aswell stormywendyann

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
If you just have a small patch...throw it away. Literally. Pick out the rock and pitch it! I swear the stuff never is completely gone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store