Okay... So I'm Doing Tangs...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Did anyone mention brevis? They are a little bigger than occies length wise and larger all around.
yeah... this has been mentioned. thing is, I am very attracted to the color of the gold occies, and also the curious look of their faces... don't even have them yet, and I'm hooked.

I have extra tanks around... so maybe what I should do is just stick with the plan, keep a close eye, then make adjustments as needed. well, aside from the cyps. kinda seems like maybe I'm going to need to trade those with someone I guess.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Okay... so, here is an update. the yellow calvus pair I am getting are young adults, already breeding. the three black comps are juveniles. does this mean this has a better chance, or lesser chance, of working?

also, I may be posting this in the for sale section soon... but it would seem I will be getting 7 blue flash cyps (not the jumbo variety) that might not work so well in my setup. it would seem maybe paracyps would work better. that being the case, I might be interested in trading if anyone might have paracyps and might be interested in the blue cyps. while I do not have the actual fish yet, I do have pics of the actual fish somewhere. just mentioning it here for now, but I think I will post it in for sale area soon. and just to put it up front, I would really need someone in the DC/MD/VA area, as quite frankly, I have never shipped a fish in my life, and would likely kill them even trying.

Thanks for all the advice... and please... anybody else, keep it coming. the more comments, the better educated I become! LOL...

-Rich

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
Why not just grow out your cyps in the 55 and be on the look out for a cheap 75g on craigslist? I got all my stuff on there for rock bottom prices. Right now with the economy doing poor, people are having to tighten their belts. This weekend I picked up a 46 bow front, stand, PC lighting, 80 lbs live rock, 30 lbs live sand, a black clown, a skunk clown, a blue trigger, a bucket of scientific grade salt, and all sorts of odds and ends for $120. Deals are out there, keep an eye out.

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Why not just grow out your cyps in the 55 and be on the look out for a cheap 75g on craigslist? I got all my stuff on there for rock bottom prices. Right now with the economy doing poor, people are having to tighten their belts. This weekend I picked up a 46 bow front, stand, PC lighting, 80 lbs live rock, 30 lbs live sand, a black clown, a skunk clown, a blue trigger, a bucket of scientific grade salt, and all sorts of odds and ends for $120. Deals are out there, keep an eye out.
you know, that is a thought. but here is the real reason why... I just don't want to buy a 75 gallon tank. honestly... I have 2 55 gallon tanks and one 33 gallon tank. I am ready to take a big step up now, but first, I am trying to get all of my tanks rescaped, and repopulated. this is the first one. next, will be my 33 gallon, which is in my foyer. after that, the 55 gallon in my bedroom. once I have these projects in place, I will be combing craigslist like a hawk, not for a 75 gallon, but for a minimum 125 gallon or so (preferrably bigger... LOL)... so... that's the whole reason, really. the next tank setup I buy, I want it to be in the triple digit gallons. greedy? yes. but hey... at least I'm driven! :dance:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey rich_one i started out with 4 Mustax and now have 2 that are hanging tough in my 120gal..

roger wrote:
PB - those are some tiny occies. Are you sure they're a year? Maybe mine are monsters. I should take some pics with a ruler in frame. I'll see if I get time this weekend.
Yeah they are some tiny Occies fo sure i have had them actually like a year and a half now very small and i wonder if there not all females because they haven't bred for me either..

Oh and i am doing a test hehehe i threw my adult Gold head Comp in with the Occies to see what happens..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Oh and i am doing a test hehehe i threw my adult Gold head Comp in with the Occies to see what happens..
:thud:...A prayer for those little occies!!! :bowing:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hmmm so far so good aye.. all Occies are accounted for so i didn't feed them today to see if he will actually eat them.. lets hope that the occies know where there shells are located at..

rich_one

AC Members
Nov 7, 2008
Maryland
Hmmm so far so good aye.. all Occies are accounted for so i didn't feed them today to see if he will actually eat them.. lets hope that the occies know where there shells are located at..
very interesting... and informative. I am feeling better about this. so far.

also... looks like I am stuck with the cyps. put them up on a local board for trade w/ paracyps, no bite. maybe I'll try craigslist.

-Rich

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
very interesting... and informative.

-Rich
...and highly risky. Don't try to do this at home kids!...unless you are supervised by an expert. I'm still praying for the occies.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I personally think the cyps would be fine as long as you overfilter... but I have been wrong before

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store