Old fish, new fish, red fish, blue fish (well, sort of)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Good fishies, Kristina! Moor is beautiful, and the goby is... well, I'm really glad you got yourself another goby! :) Seriously, the Goby is really neat looking.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Good fishies, Kristina! Moor is beautiful, and the goby is... well, I'm really glad you got yourself another goby! :) Seriously, the Goby is really neat looking.
Ha ha ha, you crack me up!

Thanks everyone, I am happy to announce that the new additions made it happily through the night and is eating their breakfast. I target fed the goby some bloodworms and he is chowing down.

I actually also go two more platies for my husband's tank, I just haven't gotten pics of them yet.

Kristina

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
That is a pretty cool looking Moor. I like that Goby. We carry the same kind at the Walmart I work at and they are really cool looking. Congrats on your purchases.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
That is a pretty cool looking Moor. I like that Goby. We carry the same kind at the Walmart I work at and they are really cool looking. Congrats on your purchases.
Thanks :) I was actually impressed with the employee at the store where I got him, she knew that they are supposed to be brackish water fish and that they have special dietary needs. She was griping actually that they were not allowed to feed them bloodworms or anything, and that they "dump them into fresh water and pretty much let them starve to death." Sad that because a big corporation has rules, the fish suffer because the employees' hands are tied.

Kristina

shenzhenluohan

土包子
May 28, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Thanks :) I was actually impressed with the employee at the store where I got him, she knew that they are supposed to be brackish water fish and that they have special dietary needs. She was griping actually that they were not allowed to feed them bloodworms or anything, and that they "dump them into fresh water and pretty much let them starve to death." Sad that because a big corporation has rules, the fish suffer because the employees' hands are tied.

Kristina
that's so refreshing tohear, as opposed to the usual garble about fish store employees.:werd:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah it is sad that they got to suffer due to company guide lines. I was gonna get one till I found out that they benifit from salt and well my current stock dont do good with salt. How big do they get? If im not mistaken that was the first reason why I didnt get one cuz of tank space then the salt.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Yeah it is sad that they got to suffer due to company guide lines. I was gonna get one till I found out that they benifit from salt and well my current stock dont do good with salt. How big do they get? If im not mistaken that was the first reason why I didnt get one cuz of tank space then the salt.
In the wild they can reach up to 24", but in aquaria the norm is closer to 15".

I already have a brackish set up so he fit right in, and wanting a violet (dragon) goby was part of what inspired me to set up a brackish tank.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com

FAIL. Silly molly.

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store