OMG! Small white "eggs" against glass!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emmaS

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
The eggs are round are and about the size of sesame seeds but white in color. They are gel like.

I did do a water change recently (maybe a week ago) around the time I got the new plant. And the new water usually is cooler than the water in the tank when I do the change. What does that mean?

Thanks for the help. If it's snails, I definitely plan to get rid of them. If it's the cory eggs I don't know--won't they eat them?

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
If they're white, they sound infertile...

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
The eggs are round are and about the size of sesame seeds but white in color. They are gel like.

I did do a water change recently (maybe a week ago) around the time I got the new plant. And the new water usually is cooler than the water in the tank when I do the change. What does that mean?

Thanks for the help. If it's snails, I definitely plan to get rid of them. If it's the cory eggs I don't know--won't they eat them?
are they in a gelatinous mass or individually floating?

doing a large water change with cool water can sometimes induce many Corydoras species to spawn. it simulates the copious amounts of cool rain that come at the start of the wet season in their native amazon basin habitat, the time at which they spawn in the wild. usually youd also have to raise the water temp and permit alot of water to evaporate off first, though, to simulate the dry season.... but its still conceiveable that they spawned. have you noticed any of the cories bumping other cories in the mid section or chasing each other around? what species of cory do you have?

why would you want to get rid of them if they're snails? hitchiker snails are wonderfully useful at eating algae and leftover fish food, and will not overpopulate the tank if you properly maintain it.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store