One eyed Oranda

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
he's a cutie :hearts:

im not sure how he'll do in the winter, if you notice him doing bad you could always take him in :thm:
I have my friend's ranchu in my pond now, and I've got a spare 29g this winter if he needs it.

just make sure you see him eat enough, the other goldies will out-eat him.

GoldLenny

Senior Member? Do I get a 5% disc.?
Like BettaGurl said, he won't be able to overwinter in an Indiana winter so have a 55G tank ready inside.

loveandaPLATY

AC Members
Aug 14, 2006
Syracuse, NY
I know someone who has a blind koi. He's small, but not the smallest in the pond, and he does alright. He used to bring them in during the winter, and I would make sure to watch when I fed them that he got to the food. He reacts well to changes and vibrations in the water. I would semi-forcefully drop the food into the pond near him so that he knew it was feeding time. He would also react when all the other fish started swimming to the surface. I think a one-eyed guy will do fine.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i have the same, a 1 eyed oranda, petsmart gave him to me so he could have a good home, i bought him a friend, at another place cheap, another oranda but has messed up tail.. ha,ha, my own little oddball tank..:)
what size tank should they be in when full grown? and what is full grown, i only have commets, these are the first fancys i've had...:confused:

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
For fancys its 20g for the first and 10g for every additional one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store