One fancy goldie in 15g just for winter?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Would a single fancy goldfish be okay in a 15g over the few months of winter we have here in the uk? It would be kept in the pond for the rest of the year but I've heard that fancies don't do too well during winter. The tank has good filtration as I know they produce a large amount of waste and I'm willing to do large weekly water changes.
What do you think?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
yup bc the minimum is 20 gallons but if its just winter then it should be ok. but bigger is better and at petsmart a 20 gallon long is 32 dollars

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Okay :) they don't have petsmart in the uk and tanks are REALLY expensive atm. I mean the 15 cost about £75 :(

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I actually think with one fancy and just for the winter, it could work but I would do 80% water changes 2x a week. Good luck!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I would advise against this. Try to come up with other arrangements for the fish.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Seriously? The op never even told you how big this single goldfish is and everyone is advising against it? What is the word "goldfish" a dirty word around here or something?

To answer the question, It really depends on how big that fish is. But IMO you should be okay with good filtration and water changes.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I didn't advise against it... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store