Open to Suggestions....55G tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Felix T Cat

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
As you make this decision on fish..how are you cycling the tank?
Fishless with fish food as my ammonia source (after stopping at 6 places looking for pure ammonia and the closest thing I could find was ammonia with surfactants that bubbled when shaken)

I have to admit I like the coral stone look so I will try to work with it in the tank.

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
Fishless with fish food as my ammonia source (after stopping at 6 places looking for pure ammonia and the closest thing I could find was ammonia with surfactants that bubbled when shaken)

I have to admit I like the coral stone look so I will try to work with it in the tank.
excellent! how far into the cycle r u and wat r 2days params?

Felix T Cat

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
OH PRAISE THE LORD !!!!. Tonight I stopped at Wegmans (high end super market near here) and they had ammonia. I was so excited I bought 2 bottles (which is more then I am sure I would ever need) so tonight I added some and will hopefully speed up the process.

As for process, 4 days into it. Before tonight Ammonia was .25 and PH was 7.6. I'll let the pure ammonia circ a little and then test again.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Should you decide to take the coral out at some point, there are some rocks that are similar in shape to coral but are inert. I cannot think of the names off the top of my head, but I'm sure either someone here knows or I would be willing to refresh my memory and look them up...

Felix T Cat

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
Ok, thanks to the pure ammonia this morning I have Ammonia up at 5ppm so now I can really start counting down to fish day.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Good deal!

bbob762

AC Members
Sep 8, 2008
My brother has a tank set up like yours. I really love to watch it because i never did a schooling tank. he has about ten neons, ten zebras, a few sword tails, an algae eater and two angels. Now everything looks nice but i believe that the angels seem a little agressive for the other fish. he says they are just find though. Hope i helped...but ya nice tank so far! :]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store