Opinion needed for fish load

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Megatron

Dog trainer
Nov 22, 2004
Toronto canada
BTW on the topic of animals eating poop I personally have seen dogs, birds, guinea pigs, corys, GOLDFISH, tetras, cats and others eat their own poop as well as the poop of others we even sell a pill at petsmart to help stop dogs from eating their own poop. AND on the topic of over crowded aquariums I would agree that SB is overstocked but in some cases you can manage it without harm coming to your fish. I also have a overstocked tank but I have tons of extra filtration and do at least 4 5 gallon water changes a week. None of my fish look in the least bit stressed and while I do plan on upgrading to a 75g or so in the next month my fish dont look to worried.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Megatron said:
...my fish dont look to worried.
Ah, yes, because worried fish are recognizable by the little frown lines over their eyes? I see this a lot in some variant "My fish look happy", "My fish are worried", etc--what the heck does that mean? I've seen fish stressed due to conditions, but many things that cause a problem--ie, being stunted--are not a natural threat to a fish, so they will not display any stress behavior, but that doesn't mean it is not harming them. Fish react with stress to incidents their instincts tell them are harmful--poor water conditions, physical damage, a predator (or even just the hormones indicating a predator recently ate a fish). They've developed these instincts naturally--there is no natural case of being in a small tank that will eventually stunt them.

Sponge Bob

AC Members
Dec 8, 2004
They're just fish... not humans !

Anyway, I just bought my 6 goldies a 55gal tank. Now if I hear one peep out of anyone saying it's not enough and that the fish will be stressed or stunt or suffer from mild depression, I will personally come down to their place and beat the living "fish poop" out of them ! :p

Enough is enough. 55 gal is ALL they will get. And you know what, those fish will be :dance and :bowing: to me because of it. Otherwise, guess what we will have for dinner Saturday ? Le Goldie Filet à la Sponge Bob ! ;)

Cheers !

SB :cool:

Last edited:

Megatron

Dog trainer
Nov 22, 2004
Toronto canada
You know what I mean

Yes im putting human attributes on my fish but you know very well what i meen and i know very well what im doing with my fish.

PS
I'am getting a new 75 in the next month or so

gregor7777

AC Members
Dec 5, 2004
Megatron, do you have any pics of the crazy tank? I'd love to see what it looks like with all those fishies. :)

mayreee

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
Why get so upset when the post was made to ask people their opinions. So people tell you how they feel and you get upset because you don't like what they said.

Sponge Bob

AC Members
Dec 8, 2004
Edited for content. This type of remark is rude and unwarranted. OG

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store