Ordering fish gone wrong

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
Poor fishies! It sounds like one of those shipping problems that happens sometimes despite everyone trying to avoid it. I would think fedex would make good on it if it was their goof. I hope the little guys pull through.

louxrs

AC Members
Jul 15, 2011
Shipping on Christmas season WILL be slow and expect it to be late. I ordered my shrimps with a one-day shipment- it arrived four days later(got it today). Survival in the package depends on the seller's packing method. If it's packed well, you have nothing to worry about.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I've had an airline screw up and tell me that an order of transshipped SW fish from the Red Sea never came in on the friday it was supposed to, and then call me monday and ask why I didn't pick them up! Losses were less than 10%. Properly packed fish live ALOT longer than one might think.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
If done properly and the holding room isn't too chilly, should be ok.. but do expect heavier losses on large fish.
I had a tranship get held up due to a permiting issue and ended up with a 24hr hold after an 18hr plane ride and an hour at f&g, still faired fine, me and the fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store