Oscar Newbie!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arkady

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
San Francisco
sf415.cjb.net
dagnabbit, I want you fish MoJo!!! I love it... =[ That's the perfect fish in my eyes... as far as the species goes... Albino Veiltail... If I had just ONE fish like yours, I'd spoil him/her so bad... I'd buy that single fish a 180 gallon tank just to make it happy... you suck... =/ Where would I find an Albino Veiltail?

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Petco has them. :p

ttl

Arkady

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
San Francisco
sf415.cjb.net
Devider

My Oscars are out growing their tank, Arkady is starting to pick on Creed a lot 'cuz of the lack of territory. I need a devider for Creed to heal, and to keep her/him alive until I get my bigger tank. What kind of devider should I get, and about how much do they cost? Creed's body is missing a lil less than half her scales. This is what happened to Grouch two days before he was murdered by Arkady... I don't want Creed to be his second victim.

hende

AC Members
Nov 24, 2005
Utah
My Oscars are out growing their tank, Arkady is starting to pick on Creed a lot 'cuz of the lack of territory. I need a devider for Creed to heal, and to keep her/him alive until I get my bigger tank. What kind of devider should I get, and about how much do they cost? Creed's body is missing a lil less than half her scales. This is what happened to Grouch two days before he was murdered by Arkady... I don't want Creed to be his second victim.

you need to give up your fish.. Why would you even buy an oscar and only have a 20 gallon tank let aloe 3 of them?? people like you should not have pets

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
you need to give up your fish.. Why would you even buy an oscar and only have a 20 gallon tank let aloe 3 of them?? people like you should not have pets
Everybody makes mistakes,but do right now and get the biggest tank you can. If you cant get the divider then give one up.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
2 Oscars need at least a 100 gallon (6ft) tank. You need a 75 at minimum just for 1. I agree that 60 feeders are way too many and will surely cause an ammonia spike.

Offering feeders is a good way to kill your Oscars. 1)they can get bloat from too much protein, 2) The more you feed them live foods, the meaner they will get, 3) unless you have raised a healthy stock of feeders yourself you take a good chance of introducing a disease to the tank.

For substrate, I started out with a bare tank and eventually went to sand. I think I would rather have gravel like I do in my other Oscar tank!

For a tall 75 just get a 90. Has the same footprint just taller.

P.S. never heard of there being an "Oscar Expert" on this forum. I'm getting another O sometime in the next week or two. Trying to figure out where it will go as it will be number 4!

Last edited:

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
dude u need to learn to properly read right. she never had 3 oscars shes had 2 total both times. and shes a biggner and trying to LEARN u have no rights to tell her she should not have no pets as u dont now how she is with them in real life to make that judgement.......

:banhim::banher:

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
dude u need to learn to properly read right. she never had 3 oscars shes had 2 total both times. and shes a biggner and trying to LEARN u have no rights to tell her she should not have no pets as u dont now how she is with them in real life to make that judgement.......

:banhim::banher:
...Guys, Arkady is already planning on buying a new tank, sure he made a couple of mistakes (if I am not mistaken he/she actually did put 3 oscars in the same 20g tank) but we all do, right? Just ask around on this forum (excuzzzeme and Big Mike are great sources) and you will get great help :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store