oscar vs more blood parrots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
well a moderator on another forum that i trust way more has 13. so... yea. im going to be doing
1-bp
1-kirin parrot
1-oscar
2-senegal bichrs
ill test the water before every water change and watch for aggression. ill overfilter also. if i see aggression ill remove somebody.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Just want to make sure, if you do have aggression issues and have to remove somebody, where will you be moving them to? The oscar would be the one I'd be worried about, and anything under a 75 gallon is just cruel! :( (And even then, I personally think that a 100+ should be the min for them)

It's always good to have a back up plan though :)

Please also take some of my advice with a grain of salt as I was just trying to help with AqAdvisor, but it can be wrong so just keep that in mind :0)

Just a tad bit of off topic advice, I wouldn't post how you favorite/trust another forum more on here, you can certainly like another forum better (I'm sure others do), but it seems a tad bit rude to blatantly say that you are going to ignore what people say on aquaria central and how you don't trust this forum, yet you are on it. Not trying to be rude, but it's gonna have the tendency probably to make a few people upset probably.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Just want to make sure, if you do have aggression issues and have to remove somebody, where will you be moving them to? The oscar would be the one I'd be worried about, and anything under a 75 gallon is just cruel! :( (And even then, I personally think that a 100+ should be the min for them)

Please also take some of my advice with a grain of salt as I was just trying to help with AqAdvisor, but it can be wrong so just keep that in mind :0)

Just a tad bit of off topic advice, I wouldn't post how you favorite/trust another forum more on here, you can certainly like another forum better (I'm sure others do), but it seems a tad bit rude to blatantly say that you are going to ignore what people say on aquaria central and how you don't trust this forum, yet you are on it. Not trying to be rude, but it's gonna have the tendency probably to make a few people upset probably.
haha i am not upset.. he can like a different forum more.. i and many members know this is one of the best forums.. i too am a member on many fish forums.. but i chose this one cause it has the best members/mods.. and easy to make friends with... all in all, best forum out there... is this one... ( was off-topic )

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
if that was my tank, it would be a mbuna/peacock/hap tank LOL
Notice I said "if those were my choices"?

You and I share a passion for Africans my friend...

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn

id have a divider on hand to seperate and then figure out who to rehome. i may just do more parrots just to be on the safe side

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Johnathon, I just posted pictures of what I have in my 100 gallon tank. Maybe that will help you decide in some way. Everyone in my 100 gets along and is healthy. I lucked out, I got a really passive Balloon Flowerhorn.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
my kirin hasnt even eatin a cutteri cichlid juvie i know he can eat. hes like barely aggressive at all. im really not trying to be rude yall but i dont get how on every other forum im on therly say my stock is ok but this one alot are saying differently. i guess in the end its my tank and my deccession and i just have to really watch them and monitor the params. i will probably stick with the parrots and get an oscar later on with a 75 by itself.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Notice I said "if those were my choices"?

You and I share a passion for Africans my friend...
lol, i use to love ca/sa... now i am in love with africans :) smaller but more fun to raise! and i like mouth brooders over egg layers :)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
decided to do
4-bp
1-kirin
10-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs
gonna have 2 cascade 700s an aquaclear 50 and a sunsun 404B. ill do as many 50% water changes as needed. i hope i didnt offend anybody. i was being stuborn. i have to take all the advice i get and put it together to make a logical stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store