Oscar w.goldies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OscarMan82

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
Bellevue Oh
i have a oscar about 7 inches long and he is alone in his tank, about once ever 2-3 months i buy him about a dozen feeder goldfish and i throw 2-3 in there every few days till they are gone then i go back to feeding him his normal food. i have been doing this for close to 3 yrs now. last month i bought my normal dozen and the last 3 i threw in there he never ate and they are still in there to this day. it strikes me as very odd becuse before when i put them in there he ate them in a matter of mins, now he seems to act like nothing is in there. now to my question should i leave them in there or what? i have no other tanks to put them into becuse i am currently living with family and room is limited. just looking for some feedback thanks.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
the Oscar is plenty enough fish and bioload for the 55 I would rehome the goldfish.

plus they want coldwater not tropical.

Danyal

AC Members
May 20, 2007
i'd also be worried about them having parasites that'll get onto your oscar,as a general rule feeders aren't exactly well taken care of at best and can have many different parasites and diseases that you don't want the oscar getting. i've personally seen 2 parasites, fungal and bacterial infections and had a vet that disected them tell me our feeders had costia and a viral infection(a form of cyprinid herpes to be exact)

OscarMan82

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
Bellevue Oh
as i said i have no where to put the goldfish, i am living with family and i am doing good to have the 1 tank set up let alone another for 2 more fish. thats what i am asking should i just leave them in there till they get ate or should i just take them out and kill them? i know it sounds cold and harsh but i am trully at a dead end on what to do.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
trade trade them at a LFS for some pellet foods, which is what you should be feeding it.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:cool: Never been a big fan of 'feeder goldfish' for 'O's. I would get rid of them & find another 'treat'.
A bit off the subject but I'm curious, you say you've done this off & on for 3yrs. & the 'O' is only seven inches?? What is his/her regular diet? "T"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store