Other kinds of dwarf cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
keyholes are another ,Cleithracara maronii very peaceful and often comical.. not as colorful as some .
I keep them around.. I had one male that liked to pile small stones on structure in the tank..
of the rams I prefer the bolivain..not as colorful as the blue but I like their pugnacious attitude

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
Very nice pic! That's breeding dress, though, right? Mine wasn't that colorful, but I only had a single male.

Eric
That one is a dorsigera which is more colorful not sure it the owner messed with the pic but it looks nice

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
keyholes are another ,Cleithracara maronii very peaceful and often comical.. not as colorful as some .
I keep them around.. I had one male that liked to pile small stones on structure in the tank..
of the rams I prefer the bolivain..not as colorful as the blue but I like their pugnacious attitude

tankenvy

AC Members
Apr 4, 2007
I have a pair of curviceps. Very hardy, mellow even when breeding, not as shy as dorsigera. Also have keyholes--my favorite cichlid. Also very mellow, and yes, not too colorful but they have these dark striations that change with their mood almost instantaneously. Very cool fish to observe. But you need a well planted tank for them to be calm. I also have Bolivian rams, great fish, much hardier than GBRs, get along great with other dwarfs, and yes, pugnacious when breeding, but they're realy all bark and no bite. All of these dwarfs are great in a community tank. Can't go wrong with any of em!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Duh!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store