Our House Renovation Has Begun and It Will Include 2 Walls With Built In Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
should change the thread title to "our paranormal adventure". good luck with renovations. tell the hubby i said !#@$ $!@#$%#$ #$@%$# ^$#^@#... i got him covered. lol

Winged

Likes being a biology major.
Jan 11, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm LOLing at all the paranormal references. Funny how pictures work like that. I noticed the ectoplasm, most likely smoke, and orbs, most likely dust, and was thinking of comments, but somebody beat me to it.

Good luck with the renovations!

Wenty

AC Members
Dec 1, 2009
Minnesota
I'm no expert in the paranormal, but it sure looks like you've got some ectoplasm floating around in pics 1,2 and 10.

You might consider having a member of clergy bless the house when you're finished....or you can frequently shout 'Walk into the light!' while working on the renovation. If that doesn't seem to work, try chanting 'The power of Christ compels you!'... Good luck.

LOL! I was just going to say....... I see a ghost.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
Well, so much for getting much done today to the house. We did break out some of the slate in our hallway but that is about it as far as work goes. Instead we went to Home Depot. We spent at least 4 hours there today picking out materials. My husband has to go tomorrow and pick everything up...it is going to take at least 3 trips in his F250. We could have it delivered, but not until the middle of next week and he has help lined up for Monday for ceilings. At any rate, we chose real hardwood floors for the living room, hall, and kitchen/ dining area and porcelain tile for the entry way. Which I am pretty excited about. My head is spinning though. We got 2 x 4s, 2 x 6s, drywall, doors, plywood, screws, nails, mud, morter, lights, ceiling fan, and a bunch more stuff......but most importantly as my husband and the home depot gentleman were talking wood, I was kind of just strolling and looking around. I found 7 bags of PLAYSAND!! So at least 2 (if I decide the long tanks, more if I decide the small) of my tanks are going to get sand when we move the tanks and I reset them up. I am a bit nervous about that as I have never used sand. So which tanks? The 125 discus tank, 125 frontosa tank, 125 native tank, 110 snails/endler/cherry shrimp, 35 convict pair, or 30 meteor minnows? Also, would it be better to rinse it in the tank or out as the tanks that get the sand can be partially filled and drained again and again until it is fairly clean because I have 2 of the large tanks empty right now and will set them up completely before moving the filters and fish over to them. Then I will break down the 125 and 110L, clean the substrate, aquascape, refill and stock. Ok, enough of me rambling and suggestions are welcome. Hopefully, work will resume tomorrow afternoon and I can update with pics.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I rinse my sand in 5 gal buckets in the bathtub and then dump into empty tank and then fill the tank. If you want to do it in the tank it might take longer .

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Yay for renovations that include fishy tanks Snoop! Good luck to you! Will keep an eye on things and drool!

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
id say sand in the dicus and the fronts , i have sand in all my tanks and find it easyier to keep clean

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store