PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Maybe wait to see if you actually get babies before taking drastic action. Friends of mine who have birds say that many eggs are infertile or for whatever reason never hatch.

Any way you could put a guard net or plexi sheet or somesuch right under the nest, so as to catch anybody falling out accidentally or too early? Usually I would say it's Darwinism in action, but then again these kids did not exactly have a choice about locating their nest over a great whacking pool of water. :)

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Yes i agree to wait mom and dad pintail seem to love the set up and i hate cages of any kind. Catching them would add a great deal of stress. I should know by this weekend if they hatch, and i'm leaning toward using screen to make a cage within the cage for thats what i used to cage the birds in is window screen.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
can you step back and take a picture? id love to see how this sits in the corner. it has a screen on it im sure. how is it held up? and the birds move around and have plenty of space? this is freakin awsome

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
The bird experiment has done far better then i could have ever dreamed of. The Mrs after reading my latest post said no one was going to buy all the breeding comments , that the timing with winning tank of the year looked like allot of exaggeration. Which i had to agree if i had just read the whole post and never seeing anything about anyone breeding before and to have claimed three separate breedings at one time looked far fetched. So i thought i better post some evidence,

Last edited:

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Is anyone intrested in a complete write up on how the tank is set up? and i'll take a shot latter on today showing the whole set up in the room

.baby-pelco-1.jpg .Pintail-eggs-at-2-weeks-2-1.jpg

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Like everything when things seem to be going well you had better be ready for the crash. well the crash came this morning with this little guy making his home in the tank. Kinda cool BUT NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. Anyone know if they would eat the babies and or the adult birds for that matter.? S---!!!

AGUSTA-EVENNG-1-3.jpg

dmlucas88

Registered Member
Feb 7, 2010
Central Florida
It is beautiful!! I like the use of color and shapes of all of the different plants, I like the way you've arranged it, and I LOVE the waterfall. All of your plants look healthy, and the lighting is unique, not just a hood like most other people. Great job!

texasguy

AC Members
May 13, 2009
Is anyone intrested in a complete write up on how the tank is set up? and i'll take a shot latter on today showing the whole set up in the room
Very interested on how you made the land part

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store