PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Though Gouldian finches are beutiful there a bit more then i was looking for. I did not want to look at the tank and imediately have your eye drawn to the finches. There a compliment to the tank not ment to be a focal point. And the orange cheeked were small QUIET active without being crazy. i know it's going to require alot of work to keep there droppings cleaned up but i think it will all be worth it. It's definately a conversation piece.

murraycod

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
Nthn Victoria, Australia
The three Gouldians Darryl pictured are the actual species colours from monsoonal Nthn Australia grass/woodland. Slowly disappearing, unfortunately. There are, however, a myriad of subtle new hybrids which you might find interesting if the humidity affects the pair you have.
Marvellous set up. Congratulations.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
The three Gouldians Darryl pictured are the actual species colours from monsoonal Nthn Australia grass/woodland. Slowly disappearing, unfortunately. There are, however, a myriad of subtle new hybrids which you might find interesting if the humidity affects the pair you have.
Marvellous set up. Congratulations.
In case the moisure does become an issue, and you seem to know about finches is there a particular finch that you know of that prefers wetlands/ or another breed all together?

murraycod

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
Nthn Victoria, Australia
I'm no officianado, Gbbudd. www.birdcare.com.au has info on Aust and non-Aust finches. Many are from our tropical north. The blue faced parrot finch - Erythrura trichroa is an example. It's said to be a bird which settles well with a mate and can be bred. It's also well known in the hobby scene and available from breeders, possibly even from petstores.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
some intresting looking finches there i had no idea there were so many varieties. I have never had birds before never had any desire to see them in a " bird cage" . though i have the finches " caged it's almost 5' wide out of each corner and 5' to the center point by almost 4 foot high so it's more an mini aveary though a cell. So far they seem pretty happy flying all over and taking bird baths in the water fall.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
I was figuring it was time to let this post die it's getting so big few would have the time to want to go through it all. I'm thinking of starting a new tread showing and decribing what is behind the scene.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store