Panda Cory with swimbladder disease

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
For the last week and a half, my panda cory has had swimbladder disease (I think.) I don't even know why... my water is fine. She hasn't been able to swim well and once in a while floats a little bit. She is getting much better though. A few days ago, she was really dying, and I got out the net, but she still had will to live! :) And so I didn't put her down.

I was wondering, does anyone know how I can speed the process of recovery? I want her back to normal. She's one of my favorite fish and I've been scared to death about her being sick. I did a water change today so far...

Thanks!

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
Ditto on your post

I was just about to post this when I saw yours. I have the same issue with an Angel that seems to be recovering now.

I have a 3 year old Angel fish that was showing sings of swim bladder the last few days but now seems to have made a recovery? It started two nights ago when I was doing a water change. He seemed to be swimming cocked at a 30 degree angle unable to swim completely upright. The next morning it had progressed to the point that he was tumbling head first almost anytime he moved. Later that day he seemed to have regained some control but still was unable to get around the tank without tumbling again. I began to thinking about euthanizing him at that point as he couldn’t get to food. Then last night I went to the tank after work and he seemed to be moving just fine. He charged over with the rest of the fish and was able to stay upright. He still seemed to drift a bit but seemed rather normal. Today he again looked fine and charged right over to the food. Is it possible to recover from swim bladder or might there be something else going on?

rogerf

Registered Member
Aug 30, 2006
I have no answer for you but am posting in hope of generating some interest and some answers. I've had some problems with my mollies similar to this & would like to know what if anything I can do. Here's hoping......

rogerf

Registered Member
Aug 30, 2006
I did some more poking around on this site after my earlier post. Seems most of the recommendations are to put the sick one on a fast for a couple of days to straighten him out. Guess I'll give it a try.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store