Paradise Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
They are related to both since they are all anabantoids and in the same family, but they are definitely their own species.

At the very least, I would not trust that LFSs advice in the future. They might be ignorant about the ins and outs of fish relation, but they might at least know about basic fish care. You don't have to know the exact species name of a fish to be able to give proper care in the form of high quality food and water changes, etc. Heck, I recently made the mistake of saying cories were basically plant-eaters when they are omnivorous (thanks to whoever clarified that!). I just didn't know because I've never personally kept them. Ask me about figure 8 puffers, and I can tell you almost anything, lol.

Kali

Plagued by the "Tank Nazi"!!
Jun 8, 2009
Michigan

colematthewmala

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Three Hills, Alberta, Canada
Haha sounds like you have a self appointed expert in the house. What a dumbass, you need to tell the manager to get some better more educated staff.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I used to swear by my hot glue gun. ;)
So, wait a sec. If I hot-glue the front end of a saltwater zebra fish to the hind end of a freshwater oscar, can I keep the resulting zebroscar in a brackish tank? :hitting:

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
Let's not sell this emloyee short. Especially without having been there. He might have meant they are a "cross" in temperament. They do seem to me to be right about in the middle as far as behavior goes.

Joe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store