PARROT FISH there i said it

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mtchllro

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Devon UK
I would post pictures but I'm on an old pII laptop that was in the loft with no usb ports so I can't transfer any pics from my phone (other laptop and digital cam went in burglary (along with my backup dvds so can't even post pics of my old tank))

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
No matter what anyone says i love blood parrots, and having had a pair i know that they can get aggressive in pushing around fish out of there areas. What u can do is add something to the tank that they can both fit in to hide and claim as THERE space. I havent really seen parrots do alot of damage other than slightly stressing out the persistan fish. Mines never nipped or actually bit other fish just kind of pushed them away.

mtchllro

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Devon UK
last night I get fed up with the attacking so got my net out and(wait for the telling off lol) chased the larger parrot around the tank every time it went for the pleccy.in the end it went behind the large piece of driftwood nose down this morning everytime I point my finger at the tank in the large ones direction it scoots over to the corner (where wood is) nose down again when the wife does this it ignores her and carries on attacking so I have just recorded a smal video of me pointing my finger after sitting still for about 2 mins and have put this onto our small 10 inch digital photo frame (was also in the loft as have no had a 15 inch one ) using the memory card from my phone since setting this up beside the tank (the pleccy stays on the left most of the time) the attacks have stopped

mtchllro

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Devon UK
problem solved the picture frame did work but I have now made a large cave at the other end of the tank which the pleccy has taken to and the parrots have taken up the trawler it seemed the parrots wanted the trawler and was attacking the pleccy to evict her all is peacefull thanks for your suggestions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store