Parts of my SPS tissue is dieing. Flatworms maybe? (with pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
There is one branch (facing the viewer) that clearly looks like it has been munched on.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
(raises hand hesitantly)

what is "STN"? it sounds exceedingly ominous in the discussion above but I have never heard of this at least in abbreviated form.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
There is one branch (facing the viewer) that clearly looks like it has been munched on.
That was me. lol.. well, not the munching, but I accidentally bumped into it and ripped it off.

(raises hand hesitantly)

what is "STN"? it sounds exceedingly ominous in the discussion above but I have never heard of this at least in abbreviated form.
STN : Slow tissue necrosis

you should also look at RTN, Rapid Tissue Necrosis.

both are a b*&^% to deal with.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That was me. lol.. well, not the munching, but I accidentally bumped into it and ripped it off.
I actually considerd that before I posted. I have lots of "accidental" frags in my tank :). Glad you didn't eat it!

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Did you dip yet? Assuming you are using iodine but if/when you pull it out look to see if you can see any flatworm eggs they should stick out on that white area. Just curious how this is working out for you. What have you heard from the other forums?

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Did you dip yet? Assuming you are using iodine but if/when you pull it out look to see if you can see any flatworm eggs they should stick out on that white area. Just curious how this is working out for you. What have you heard from the other forums?
I haven't yet.

I decided to wait a few days to see if it spreads. If it gets worse ill remove the rock and try the dip. Hoping I won't have to though.. Ill wait and see for now.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store