Peacock Gudgeon Spawning!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
:iagree:Totally Awesome thread!! :clap: I'm on the edge of my seat!! Great shots of those babies! Good luck...:grinyes:

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
Good luck with the fry!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
thanks all, so I'm prepping for the next spawn so I won't be so fail on it like I was the first time. The 5 adult group love to eat flake, frozen whatever touches the surface. They even compete with my harlquin rasporas and neons, so they are pretty fast =). I guess I got super lucky with this group

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
They are easy to feed once adjusted to prepared foods, I have mine trained to attack fast sinking pellets in the middle of the water column.

I got them over BBS by shifting to microworms and then alternating prepared foods.

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
I had 3 tubes 7/16 tubes maybe smaller?, they wouldn't even go in the larger 1/2 tubes for long. or maybe my pleco would chase them out. My ph is around 7.8> and water is super hard. Heard they do better in soft water maybe thats my hatch rate was crappy. I tend to feed them small amounts at a time. I was doing frozen brine, blood worms, and mysis shrimp but have been doing mostly tropical crisps as of right now.

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
They have COLOR!! ok it's a few black specs lol but they look big in the pics!! I had them with 2 cpds but I was really scared of them eating my fry so I took them out.

Moved them out to back to my 12 gallon tank to give them more space.

DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0021.JPG DSC_0027.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store