Peacock Gudgeons - the freshwater Clownfish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Feeding? Easy? Not so much...at least not in a community aquarium. They are not aggressive eaters, especially when compared to eight fully-grown Harlequin Rasboras (which also reside in the same tank). I use a turkey baster to spot feed the Peacocks. They're so cute, they come right up to the baster and eat out of it.

It's a small hassle as opposed to just tossing some food in there and forgetting about it, but it's helped me form a special bond with them due to having to feed them by hand. They only accept live/frozen food as well.

The coolest fish always call for a little bit more work. :)

I've never had any problems with feeding them. At the store where I got mine, they accepted flakes! I was like...:perv::perv::perv: yesss!!!

They also accept some of my Grindal Worms.

Your male is amazing like damnnnnn!!!

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Very nice. Any idea on how to sex them? I've read very conflicting reports. They had a couple tanks of them around me, but I wasn't able to pick out a couple nice pairs. At 10-16$ a piece, I wanted to be sure to get pairs, so i didn't get them. Please keep us updated if you get them to spawn. Ill be ordering some when the weather turns nice.
The males have a hump-ish, bulbous head and show more orange on their bodies. The females show a little bit less color and often have black in addition to yellow on their fins, and their heads are much more streamlined.

If you can take that description and match it to the photos that I posted in the first post of this thread, then you should be able to sex them at the store. :)

These fish are probably around 1 year old.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? ive always had interest in the goby/blenny looking fishes.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Those are beautiful

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for them? ive always had interest in the goby/blenny looking fishes.
$46 shipped for the pair off Aquabid. Kinda steep, but so far completely worth it!

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store