Peacock Mantis Nano-Reef Questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks!

I was beginning to doubt whether you could keepa peacock in a ten, some people on nano-reef.com did it, but after my own research I wasn't sure. I posted this thread on GrimReefers.com, and they confirmed it.

I've decided on a G. smithii instead, but it really depends on what my LFS is willing to ship in.

Freddy :dive2:

Oh, and OG: Glad you're back! :)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Another option for getting one would be to post a thread looking for one, and then watch the boards--odds on, someone will post about one they're trying to get rid of from their fresh shipment of live rock, and you can make arrangements for shipping. Might not be the specific species you're looking for, so you have to decide how important that is to you. All of them are pretty cool. There are several species that will be fine in a 10 initially, especially one that came in as a hitch hiker.

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
In the mantis shrimp forum at RC, they have frequent trades of mantis, and they know the scientific names of their stomatopods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store