Pecular clown and damsels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquafan1

AC Members
Aug 31, 2006
you could also try and remove the fish from the tank, put re arrange the interior of the tank a little, put the clown back in the tank first, and afetr 10 mins or so return the damsels, i have had to do this in the past and it as worked well!!

Good luck

fishburger

AC Members
Jul 21, 2006
Earlier I posted a thread about my Flame Cardinal eating one of my Percula Clowns that I added. It happened at 4 days in. The two clowns stayed at the top and in the corner the entire time. After the first one became chum, I put a net over the clown and a long tentacle anenome. The next morning the clown had taken to the anem but as soon as I took off the net it retreated back to the corner and the Flame and yellow tail damsel started circling. I took the clown back to the LFS and and got two bigger @1 3/4" clowns. The guy at the LFS said that he believed the two new ones were wild and the smaller ones were tank raised. He said that he has had better luck with the wild ones taking to anems and not being such a bore in the corner. Sure enough, the two new ones immediately started checking the tank (100 gl) out. The yellow tail started to nip but as long as the clowns stuck together they were fine. The Flame just hovered under his shade waiting. I cut the lights off and immediately the Flame seperated the two clowns. He started getting more aggressive so I turned the lights back on and and the behest of 'the little lady', I eventually captured the Flame. Needless to say I rearranged the furniture a bit in the tank. We took the 'El Fuego' as I had affectionally called to the LFS. It was a tough choice. The Flame and the yellow tail were O.G original gansta's in the tank, and the Flame would eat shrimp out of my hand, but we are converting it to a reef tank, and unfortunately I don't have another tank set up. Sorry for the rambling, when I woke this morning the clowns were sleeping in the bed of calurpa. They seem to like it. I'm a little worried about my Yellow and Tigerstrip Fancy Serpent sea stars might jump them so I am keeping them fed. Anyway that's my story. I've only been in the game for a little while but the wild clowns have outperformed the captive bred, if what the guy at the LFS is correct.

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
Mine have been togeather for weeks now. No problems. I changed them from a 20gal. to a 46gal. bow front last night. I hope I did everything right. So far so good.............HOWEVER somebody told me to watch out for the damsels when they get bigger. If they become bullys they for back to LFS. I have become so attached to the clown :dance2: I love that little feller :dance2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store