Penn State legendary coach Joe Pa has passed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
911simple task regardless of all the timeline stuff

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
The State Police Chief, Frank Noonan, also did say in a press conference that he wasn't guilty of any crime, but did fail to meet moral obligations. So he knew and did nothing. By doing nothing he is an accomplice to the crime.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Being an accomplice to a crime is a crime. Since as the Chief of the State Police said no crime was committed obviously Paterno isn't an accomplice.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Sure he wasn't the one hooking Sandusky up with the kids, but he knew and never acted when no one else would. So he had a moral failure on his part. Even though he would do speaking engagements about morality and ethics. In the end he had neither.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I agree that the guy could've and should've done more to protect these kids, butt I don't feel the need to trash him over it. He was a great football coach who also inadvertantly ruined multiple boys lives, it is what it is and I think that everyone should move on.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
"He was a great football coach who also inadvertantly ruined multiple boys lives" I had to really think about this one. He "inadvertantly" ruined boys lives over his love for his program. Really move one while everyone states he was the best thing in the world. He was far from it. He decided that these kids weren't worth losing his program. That is what exactly what would have happened if he did report it outside PSU. Look at Ohio Stae. The coached got **** canned for his players getting free tattoos and lied about it. What do you think would have happened with something this big?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Specificity of meaning. Your feelings do not create definitions of words.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
may he RIP... That being said I have no sympathy for him. Had this happened to anyone else who isn't a celebrity it wouldn't even be discussed. While opinions on whether what he did (or didn't do) was necessarily illegal, I think it's safe to say that morally it was wrong... very wrong.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
No disagreement on that score.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store