FS pennywort (Hydrocotyle umbellata) - 6 rooted stems $5.00 + FREE SHIPPING! FL Ship

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

tropman

Registered Member
Apr 10, 2011
Center Hill, FL
Real Name
Russell K. Rua
Water pennywort (Hydrocotyle umbellata) – Looks very similar to “Brazilian Pennywort)

Water pennyworts are very common. They have long creeping stems that often form dense mats. Water pennyworts occur in and near ponds, lakes, rivers, and marshes. There are seven species and varieties of Hydrocotyle in Florida (Wunderlin, 2003). Water pennyworts can be found throughout the U.S., Canada, and in PR (Kartesz, 1999).
Plant Description:

Water pennywort is an herbaceous perennial. It produces tangled, air-filled-horizontal stems that root at the nodes. Stems are round and light green to cream in color. This plant forms large colonies of mat-like growth.

Leaves develop directly from horizontal stems; petioles measure 6-12 inches in length. Petioles attach to the center of the leaf blades. Blades are rounded with heavily notched margins. Veins radiate from the point of petiole attachment. Leaf blades measure 1-2 inches across.
Flowers are small, light green, and star shaped. Flowering stalks terminate in umbels (0.5 inch diameter) of 5-13 flowers.
Water pennywort is found in marshes, at the edges of lakes or ponds, and in muddy soils.
Water pennywort can be distinguished from floating pennywort by differences in leaf characteristics. Floating pennywort has pink disks at the location of petiole attachment while water pennywort has light green disks at the same location.
A profusion of leaves and stems is characteristic of water pennyworts. The stems can grow to many feet long. Circular leaves typically are about the size of a half-dollar, but can be much larger or smaller. The leaves are shiny and leathery. The margins have blunted teeth. Long leaf stalks attach at the leaf centers, umbrella-like. Water pennywort flowers form delicate white or greenish umbels. Leaves are alternately arranged, round in outline, smooth, and often shiny. Leaf margins have rounded teeth and each leaf occurs on a petiole that may reach 6”-10” inches or greater in length. Leaf blades may reach 2 inches in width and are bright green in color and have veins that originate from the central point of the leaf.
[FONT=&quot]Should you need more than 6 stems for $5.00 total delivered price, add .50 cents per additional stems, Shipping is still FREE on extra stems added.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

CONTACT/ PAYMENT/SHIPPING INFORMATION:

Order shipped once payment is completed. Specify if you need shipping on a particular day. I ship daily at the PO in person.
My Paypal ID for receiving payments is: resellersource@yahoo.com

If you need any assistance or have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks a bunch,
Russell K. Rua
7784 CR 702 – 79 B
Center Hill, FL 33514-4611
Tel: (352) 793-6244 or (352) 410-8151
Email contact for a callback to you: callback@iworldshopper.com
(I have toll free outbound calling. To save you call expense in case you desire to speak with me at anytime, just email back with your tel #. Include a convenient time for me to call you back.
Email for AC member "tropman": floridatropicals@iworldshopper.com

pennywort_03 (2).jpg waterpennywort_06.jpg pennywort_01 (2).jpg pennywort_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store