People are IDIOTS !!! (Craigslist rant)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jim in Michiana

Tanganyikan Lover
Feb 23, 2009
LaPorte, Indiana
Twice today...........

Not once but twice........... I have encountered Craigslist IDIOTS.

The first one had offered a 300g tank for $500....... I am ALWAYS looking for big tanks, and thought this one might be worth a drive. I asked for pics and measurements. Well....... he could only send a pic to a cell phone, and mine doesn't get pics. (Yeah, Dark Ages here)........ The measurements came in at 96 x 24 x 17...... a 180 gallon tank......... When I drew his attention to this fact,(and even sent him a link to a volume calculator), his response was "I bought it as a 300, and that's how I'm selling it".........

Once people have proven themselves to be morons, I tend to walk away from the conversation.........

The second one offered (2) complete 100g tanks. The ad had a pic of 2 really nice looking tanks with oak cabinet stands and oak canopies. There were unidentifiable items in the tanks (I'm assuming pumps, heaters, etc.) but nothing I could use to judge the size of the tanks. They were offered for $125 each which I thought was a REAL bargain for 100g tanks. When contacting the seller, I asked for measurements......... You guessed it......... Another over estimated tank size....... these were 36 x 12 x 21......... 45g tanks.......... I've got plenty of mid-size tanks......... I had to pass on the sale.........

MORONS............ THEY'RE ALL MORONS !!!!!!

Do yourself a favor.........

If you're selling on Craigslist, put in as much information as possible in your ad. Put GOOD pictures in your ad. Include something in the picture for "scale". Include measurements. Include your approx location... Answer your phone or email if you're running an ad.

If you're buying on Craigslist, ask for as much information as possible. Ask for measurements and verify them yourself.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I just went to someones house who was selling a beautiful stand with a custom 65 gallon tank. When I got there the tank was too small for the stand and was a standard 50:swear:

Rob24

AC Members
Apr 21, 2003
http
Sounds the same as last week for me.

Seen an ad for a 125 for $50.00. Called and set up an appointment, asked for dimentions she said she knew it was a 125. Drove all the way there... It was a 55. She also failed to mention on the phone that the center brace was broken. She could not understand why no one was buying her tank. Not to mention it looked terrible.

I agree, people need to get thier Sh%& together.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I learned the hard way myself...I always ask for dimensions first. If they don't "have the time" to measure...I don't have the time to buy!

stevezx2002

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Hartford City, IN
I e-mailed a guy the other day with a 150 that turned out to be a 90 after he sent me the dementions, atleast he had changed the ad after I told him what size it really was.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Why is it they never UNDER estimate their tank size?
Actually, on very rare occasion they do. I bought a tank that seller claimed was a "40 or so". I snapped it up after seeing it since it was a 90!

90% of the time they have no idea of tank size
5% they do know
5% don't really care they just want as much as they paid plus a profit.

99% of the time they are complete MORONS!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
Yeah I responded to an ad for a 100 gal tank for $20...

Was a 20 long. Bought it for $15 anyqway
should have filled 5 gallon buckets and poured them in there until you reached 100 gallons or they screamed WTF ARE YOU DOING? :evil_lol:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store