Perfect canister filters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Does anyone have any experience with "Perfect" canister filters? Or what would you recommend? I have a fluval 205 and a 40 gallon tank. The 205 is rated up to 40, and my tank, though a 40 gallon really is about a 44 gallon. Anyways, I want something a little extra without breaking the bank. Thanks all!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I've had mine for 3+ months and I love it. I've had renas and fluvals and don't see a reason to go back to the higher priced filters. Especially the fluvals, their design can allow alot bypass and flow reduction. +1 to the perfect/sun sun!!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Do a forum search for Sunsun, its the same filter. There are a ton of posts that recommend them and a couple reviews of them as well over in the Equipment section of this site. I've had one for 7 months now and another that I've been running for a month. Would love to buy a third just because I really like them. Plenty of room for the media of your choice and good flow. Try one and you won't be disappointed.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Good morning all you canister owners,
As I wrote yesterday about these type of filters, I own 5 Eheim and operate 4 of them. I like them because they are nice and quiet and efficient.
4 of the 5 I purchased at club auctions for little money.
ta, ta, until later.

Optimus

AC Members
Aug 23, 2010
I'd go with ehiem as they run silently

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I'd go with ehiem as they run silently
Sunsun runs silently as well and for a third of the price of an Eheim. I can't hear my Sunsun unless I open the cabinet and put my ear up to the canister. By all means, if you find an Eheim within your price range then go for it because I have no doubt that they are great filters. Though, if you want to save money and still have a great canister then a Sunsun/Perfect is the way to go.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I've only really heard of one bad thing that seems to pop up with these filters, and it can sometimes be an easy fix. Sometimes the very bottom basket doesn't like to come out and gets stuck but some people seem to find a way of fixing that or using their own special trick to get it out of there.

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Thanks you all! I'll check the reviews. Makes me feel a little better buying something I never dealt with before!

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
Eheim for life. The classic series Eheim I believe is the only filter on the market that does not have any bypass because the water enter at the bottom of the filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store