Pesty Anemone Looking Things

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
peppermint shrimp will destroy aps, if they are truly peppermint shrimp. i guess there are severl other types of shrimp that get passed off as peppermints. but i had a moderate ap. problem when i first set up my tank.

i used black and dalmation mollies to claen the algae, and two weeks later added a peppermint to eat the aps.

nows i gots none o those lil *******s:D

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
I read from other thread before to use Joe's Juice.. but my LFS didn't carry it so instead I got the "Aiptasia Control" made by.. Blue.. something...

0.5 ml dosage directly on 2 inches tall aiptasia... 15 minutes later... Good night.

I'm LITTLE worried as to if it TRULY is safe for your fish and corals and would be more concerned if there was large number of them. So far everything seems fine. We'll see....

Cavalier2123

Guy on the couch
Jan 16, 2007
Newnan, GA
I read from other thread before to use Joe's Juice.. but my LFS didn't carry it so instead I got the "Aiptasia Control" made by.. Blue.. something...

0.5 ml dosage directly on 2 inches tall aiptasia... 15 minutes later... Good night.

I'm LITTLE worried as to if it TRULY is safe for your fish and corals and would be more concerned if there was large number of them. So far everything seems fine. We'll see....
I have used that exact same product before and it seemed to disintegrate the aip's on contact. The only problem is that there are alot of them in places that I can't reach. Some of them I can see, and probably even more that I can't see. Plus I some of the aip's that have grown in the past week have grown in between beds of zoas, and I don't know how it will react to the aip control. This is why I am giving peppermint shrimp a try...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store