PETCO $1 PER GALLON SALE!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hamburgler

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Something to note...
I didn't read all 8 pages of the thread but this sale has always started on sundays, along with all other sales at the store (i worked there for 2.5 years). Aug 28th is a thursday...

galen

AC Members
Jan 26, 2007
NY
interesting note hamburg. i stopped in a petco the other day and talked to the fish guy- he said that there is a sale that happens once a year but he had no idea when it would begin. just something to keep a tab on i guess.

hamburgler

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
It has always been the last sunday in august, going into september. I just question the actual date...not that i suspect its a false rumor (just to clarify). When i worked there the store manager wasn't even aware up until a week or less before the sale.

And about competetion...
Everyone's area is different, but the store i was at was the second highest volume of sales in the state. And even though we stocked up on around 15 55gals...maybe 4 or 5 sold on the first day of the sale.

No special orders, probably not oceanic, and managers tend to hold to the sales terms as its such a big sale.

Last edited:

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
online or just in store?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store