Petco "Going Blue"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
wow, deep. i believe the whole point is petco's scruples as a company. you know the boys with the toys and the cash in a leather chair whose wives all own mink coats and shoes of different animal skins they'll never wear and make money in an industry where they must swear they love animals. ok, ok, ok, that MIGHT have been a little overboard... who knows? but the company is well known for their ways and i know i haven't shopped there in a long while. my winning streak continues, haha!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
WOW

a ton of hub-bub for this chain.

I say so what.
given the advice I have received from this chain in my area. i side with them on this.. it is a BAD idea for this chain to sell antibiotics.
their selection was terrible to begin with usually out of stock..since they would recommend it to nearly all who had tank problems.
I can list many horror stories I have witnessed from this chain..

IMO

cryeth_the_raven

fumbling towards ecstasy
Feb 10, 2009
CT
Real Name
Trev
WAKE UP!! Seriously- wake up. This is what happens when a large entity decides what is best for us or even our pets. This all comes down to money- and whether it's slower sales or lower markups of the antibiotics I don't know. What I do know is that we have another example of corporate America gone haywire. And I write this as my Firemouth lays on it's side DYING because Petco decided on this awful PR stunt and I haven't had the time to go elsewhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store